Travel Indusrty News
- Your Website or none at all!
- Building a Destination Website
- Pull your revenue management strategies out of the dark ages!
- Pegasus View - Ends on a Positive Note
- Intelity To be First in Hospitality iPad Revolution With ICE Canvas
- Cvent Continues Exponential Growth, Hiring 102 New Employees in 2009
- Lanyon to launch Engagement & Project Sourcing(TM), the first solution to specifically target the $50B global market for mid- to long term stays
- Luxe Worldwide Hotels Distributes Visual Content Exclusively through VFM Leonardo
- Online Travel - For Members Only
- 2010 Survey Shows Americans Planning Leisure Travel but Business Travel Continues to Lag in 2010
- Enriching Analytics with Web Data
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World(TM) Adopts VFM Leonardo's VScape(R) Digital Asset Management System
User Login Form
Social Travel 2.0 Statistics
Total Members : 404
Total Groups : 1
Total Discussion : 0
Total Albums : 0
Total Photos : 0
Total Videos : 0
Total Bulletins : 0
Total Activities : 5
Total Wall Posts : 0
Total Events : 0
Total Unspecified : 403
|Lanyon to launch Engagement & Project Sourcing(TM), the first solution to specifically target the $50B global market for mid- to long term stays|
New service targets void in corporate sourcing process for hospitality spend management; includes traditional hotels, extended stay, and corporate apartment providers
Lanyon, Inc. (www.lanyon.com) today announced the availability of Lanyon Engagement & Project Sourcing(TM), the first corporate sourcing solution to address the $50B global market for mid to long term stays.
Launch customer Karoline Mayr, Senior Manager, Global Travel Procurement for Deltek, Inc., said 'As a company with many new and ongoing long term engagements to support client activity, we have struggled with inefficient processes to locate, communicate and finalize accommodation for our travelers. The existing transient sourcing process simply didn't support the needs for this type of travel. We are delighted to be a launch customer for Lanyon's new Engagement & Projects Sourcing solution. We believe that this new tool will enable us to provide a better service for our internal users, streamline negotiations and communications with suppliers and achieve greater savings through a competitive bidding process.'
'Lanyon has a long history of innovation within the hospitality industry which is a direct result of our singular focus on client needs. As a result of this focus, we were led by our clients to develop Lanyon Engagement & Project Sourcing to satisfy a specific need for firms of consultants, etc, with hotel and corporate apartment suppliers for both short and long term projects that were incapable of being satisfied with the existing transient RFP process. This need was the genesis of Lanyon Engagement & Project Sourcing(TM),' said Todd Tyler, President & Chief Executive Officer for Lanyon.
Lanyon Engagement & Project Sourcing will save travel buyers time in sourcing individual properties and deliver new savings through a competitive bidding and negotiation process. Notable features include:
- Rate and amenity side-by-side evaluation of all hotels and corporate apartment offers
- Display of a corporation's existing preferred transient hospitality providers and the rates negotiated with them, so as to support maximum leverage
- Integration of rich media content to support the decision making process
- Ensure agreed rates and terms are loaded in the GDS correctly and are actually available to be booked
- Sufficiently intuitive facilities to enable use by non-specialists, including the leaders of teams of consultants.
- Internal ratings system to capture the performance of specific properties.
Lanyon Engagement & Project Sourcing is being made generally available to corporate travel buyers on February 15th, 2010 and is being presented during a Lanyon Webinar entitled, 'Missing: 50% of your hotel spend.' Interested parties can register for the Webinar by visiting: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/736160528
For 25 years, Lanyon has been delivering exceptional content distribution technologies to the travel industry. Today, Lanyon is the recognized leader in content management solutions for the global hotel industry, and sourcing and procurement solutions for corporate travel buyers. From its early success with GDS publishing and productivity tools to its RFP solutions for hotels, consortia and corporations, Lanyon solutions are used globally to reduce data management costs, effectively manage and distribute hotel content, and efficiently connect corporate travel buyers with hospitality suppliers.
Established in 1984 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, many car rental companies, travel management companies, agencies, airlines, and over 90,000 hotels worldwide now use Lanyon for their RFP and content management needs.
For further information please contact:
Chief Commercial Officer
104 Decker Court, Suite 110
Irving, Texas 75062
Phone: +1 (972) 607-4405
Fax: +1 (866) 840-9987
To learn more about Lanyon, visit http://www.lanyon.com
Arcording to The Travel 2.0 Industry